TRLog vs TOEC

Jan-Eric.Rehn@ccmail.svt.se Jan-Eric.Rehn@ccmail.svt.se
Thu, 22 Aug 96 13:17:36 MET

     Hello..

     The definitions of a "grid" and a "field" in TOEC WW GRID CONTEST rules are
     as follows:
     A "grid" is a 2x1 degree square, and a "field" is a 20x10 degree square as
     defined by the Maidenhead system.

     You can find the rules on TOEC:s homepages at:
     http://www.itz.se/jonit/toec/

     The exchange consists of RST + the first four identifiers (according to the
     Maidenhead system) i.e. 599 JP82

     but

     the multiplier is that so called "field" (in this case the first two
     letters) i.e. JP, KO, EM etc

     I have tried to get TR to count the right multipliers in many ways and to
     present them right in the log, but to succeed I had to do it the hard way
     and make a new domestic file. Maybe I mess things up but I can show you
     what I did to make it work.
     First my LOGCFG.DAT (the secret is line 3, 4 and 5):

     ----------

     MY CALL = SM3CER
     CONTEST = TOEC
     DOMESTIC QTH DATA FILENAME = TOEC.DOM
     DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = DOMESTIC FILE
     LITERAL DOMESTIC QTH = TRUE
     DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
     BEAM HEADING FILE NAME = C:\LOG\BEAM.DAT
     AUTO CALL TERMINATE = TRUE
     AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT = 4
     POSSIBLE CALL ACCEPT KEY = -
     PARTIAL CALL LOAD LOG ENABLE = TRUE
     CONFIRM EDIT CHANGES = FALSE
     AUTO DUPE ENABLE S AND P = FALSE
     CODE SPEED = 35
     BAND = 20
     MODE = CW
     MULTIPLE MODES = FALSE
     CW TONE = 0
     ALL CW MESSAGES CHAINABLE = TRUE
     TAIL END KEY = <
     KEYER OUTPUT PORT = SERIAL 1
     SINGLE RADIO MODE = TRUE

     CQ MEMORY F1 = \_TOEC
     CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ^TOEC_\_\_TOEC
     CQ MEMORY F3 = 5NN_JP82
     CQ MEMORY F4 = TU_\_TOEC
     CQ MEMORY F5 = @
     CQ MEMORY F6 = DE_\
     CQ MEMORY F7 = B4_73_TOEC_\
     CQ MEMORY F8 = AGN
     CQ MEMORY F9 = ?
     CQ MEMORY F10 = :

     EX MEMORY F3 = 5NN
     EX MEMORY F4 = JP82
     EX MEMORY F5 = @
     EX MEMORY F7 = TU
     EX MEMORY F8 = EE
     EX MEMORY F9 = ?
     EX MEMORY F10 = :

     EX MEMORY ALTF3 = RST?
     EX MEMORY ALTF4 = GRID?

     CALL OK NOW MESSAGE = } OK %
     CQ EXCHANGE = 5NN_JP82
     QSL MESSAGE = TU_\_TOEC
     QSO BEFORE MESSAGE = B4_73_TOEC_\
     QUICK QSL MESSAGE = TU
     AUTO QSL INTERVAL = 3
     TAIL END MESSAGE = R

     S&P EXCHANGE = TU_5NN_JP82
     REPEAT S&P EXCHANGE = 5NN_JP82

     ----------

     And now how I made my new domestic file. I don't remember if all the
     letter combinations are used by the Maidenhead system, but just to be
     on the safe side I used all two letter combinations in the file. A
     total of 26 groups. The file has to be placed where all the other
     domestic files are.

     ----------

     Domestic file for the TOEC WW GRID CONTEST
     By: SM3CER
     Date: 1996-06-10
     Version: 1.0

     AA>AA = AA
     AB>AB = AB
     AC>AC = AC
     AD>AD = AD
     AE>AE = AE
     AF>AF = AF
     AG>AG = AG
     AH>AH = AH
     AI>AI = AI
     AJ>AJ = AJ
     AK>AK = AK
     AL>AL = AL
     AM>AM = AM
     AN>AN = AN
     AO>AO = AO
     AP>AP = AP
     AQ>AQ = AQ
     AR>AR = AR
     AS>AS = AS
     AT>AT = AT
     AU>AU = AU
     AV>AV = AV
     AW>AW = AW
     AX>AX = AX
     AY>AY = AY
     AZ>AZ = AZ

     BA>BA = BA
     BB>BB = BB
     BC>BC = BC
     and so on

     --- snip ---

     ZX>ZX = ZX
     ZY>ZY = ZY
     ZZ>ZZ = ZZ

     ----------

     It doesn't matter if you type the whole locator (i.e. JP82QK) or for this
     contest the proper first four (i.e. JP82). The multiplier is presented
     right in the log as JP and counts it right.

     If anyone would like to have my domestic file and/or my LOGCFG.DAT I can
     send it zipped via e-mail.

     To Tree: Have I messed things up or is this a way to do it???

     73 and GL in TOEC WW GRID CONTEST

     Jan/SM3CER
     SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
     TOEC Board Member