Windows '95 and TR

Dave / N7EX n0dh@comtch.iea.com
Mon, 02 Dec 1996 09:53:04 -0800

Robert Dannals wrote:

>                       Subject:                              Time:  4:00 PM
>   OFFICE MEMO         Windows '95 and TR                    Date:  11/25/96
>
> Is there a Windows '95 guru in the house?
>
> I'm using the most recent version of TRLog with my keying interface attached
> to COM2.  When I boot to DOS or get there from Windows '95's Shutdown to
> Reboot DOS, everything works just fine (program and keying of transceiver).
>
> However, when I run TRLog from an MS-DOS window in Windows '95, the program
> itself runs fine but I can't seem to get the keyer interface on COM2 to run.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> 73 de Bob - W2GG
> (robert_dannals@tracer.nm.jhu.edu)

Bob

Here are results of my weekend experiments with a similiar problem. As I
reported earlier I was having CW problems (LPT 2, keyer port) and in
getting frequency data from the radio. while running in WIN95 mode. The
solution in my case was to kill all the TSR's (except the clock). The
ones I had to kill are the ones that show up in the lower right hand
corner of the TASK BAR. Once I did that all my TRLog/WIN95 Problems went
away.

Note that TRLog was running fine under WIN95 BEFORE I switched to a
faster Motherboard. I only encountered problems after I upgraded (?)
from a Cyrix486CLX-40 to a 486DX2-66 (Gateway 2000).

On a sadder note I now find that my buffered input from DXBase packet
(i.e. DXBase no longer receives input from the PK232  when I run DXBase
in the background its ok in the foreground) has gone away, and no matter
what I try I cant get it back...Anybody got any ideas?

--
Dave Henderson
N7EX ( EX....N0DH that is!)

"The bad news....Life is hard"
"The good news...Life is short"
"The Moral...Eat Dessert first, chase DX and Contest often"