KA 2-by-3 calls not in Japan

Walt McGugan W3FG WMCGUGAN@delphi.com
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 21:35:54 -0500 (EST)

 While using TRLOG v5.94 to dupe the logs of a DX friend (who
doesn't have a computer), trlog insisted on putting KA2CCU in
zone 25 in Japan. Actually, it wants to put KA2CC#, KA2DX#,
and KA2EX# in Japan, and KA2IJ# (where # = any letter) in
Ogasawara.

 I realize this is related to the entries for the above related KA2##
calls in the CTY.DAT file, but I don't use brand X, so I don't know
how to modify the CTY.DAT file to prevent these KA 2-by-3 calls
from coming up as Japan. I've edited the logs, placing the above calls
back in the correct zone in the US, but is there a way to prevent this
in the future?

  Walt W3FG  (ex KA2WM in Japan, 20+ years ago)