POST and InterneT Sprint

Larry Tyree tree@lady.axian.com
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 12:32:22 -0800 (PST)

> 1. I did my first Internet Sprint last night and was trying to do POST
> routines for log and summary.  I am consistant in getting the log to
> remove all duplicate contacts....i.e. it only allows me to count one QSO
> with AA5BT when I should get 3. So, from 69 Q's it takes me to 48.  What
> am I doing wrong in POST??

No POST routines are necessary for the SprINT.

> 2.  Getting ready for the Internet Sprint last night took me a while.
> What I could not figure out was how to enter a name to start with??  I
> could not figure out where to put it in the exchanges so that it would
> go away after the first QSO and pick up the new name.  Any help??

Check the CW messages - or if you put INTERNET SPRINT in as the contest,
most everything should be already setup.  My logcfg.dat file looked
like this:

MY CALL = K7RAT
MY NAME = NINZER
MY STATE = ORE
CONTEST = INTERNET SPRINT
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR

Then the normal stuff to setup the CW output and that is all!  The
exchanges are all setup from the MY NAME and MY STATE parameters.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com