From: n0dh
To: trlog
Subject: Missing Floppy Re-Boot
Date: Monday, July 15, 1996 9:18AM

Tree

I've been burnt enough times by this one, so I have a suggestion for a
future
release.

When you set TRLOG to make periodic backups of your log file to a floppy
(FLOPPY FILE SAVE NAME = A:\BCKUPLOG.DAT ) and you forget to put a floppy in
the drive (I know ! I
know!). The program shuts down and does an imeadiate reboot of the system.
Talk about panic, this
does however do great things for an already rising adrenalin level 10 or 15
QSO's into the
contest, maybe there's a way to have this happen at 3AM when your about to
fall asleep at the
keyboard!!!

Could you just "trap" this error and give us an error message on the screen?
Something that says "Duhhhh...bonehead you forgot to put a floppy in A
drive, you want a 2nd
chance Y/N", would be appropriate. This would give you a Y/N choice to retry
while you collect your
wits, change your underwear and push the floppy into the drive.

Otherwise "I Love This Program" ..keep up the good work.

Dave
N0DH/7

PS: After "testing" this thing for a year, where do I send my "lifetime
subscription" to you or george?

PPS: The 5.7 release of the manual is a big improvement over the 5.5 manual.