Missing Floppy Re-Boot

Dave Henderson, (Nawvemburr Zeeero Dawg House) n0dh@comtch.iea.com
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 08:59:30 -0700

Tree

I've been burnt enough times by this one, so I have a suggestion for a future release.

When you set TRLOG to make periodic backups of your log file to a floppy (FLOPPY FILE SAVE NAME =
A:\BCKUPLOG.DAT ) and you forget to put a floppy in the drive (I know ! I know!). The program
shuts down and does an imeadiate reboot of the system. Talk about panic, this does however do
great things for an already rising adrenalin level 10 or 15 QSO's into the contest, maybe there's
a way to have this happen at 3AM when your about to fall asleep at the keyboard!!!

Could you just "trap" this error and give us an error message on the screen? Something that says
"Duhhhh...bonehead you forgot to put a floppy in A drive, you want a 2nd chance Y/N", would be
appropriate. This would give you a Y/N choice to retry while you collect your wits, change your
underwear and push the floppy into the drive.

Otherwise "I Love This Program" ..keep up the good work.

Dave
N0DH/7

PS: After "testing" this thing for a year, where do I send my "lifetime subscription" to you or
george?

PPS: The 5.7 release of the manual is a big improvement over the 5.5 manual.