Win 3.1

Dave Henderson, (Nawvemburr Zeeero Dawg House) n0dh@comtch.iea.com
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 14:53:58 -0700

wosborne@utdallas.edu wrote:

> Is anyone using TRlog under windows 3.1?  I cannot get it to key the
> radio from inside windows but, it works fine in DOS??
>
> Thanks fro the info...Bill-AA5ZQ

Bill
I used to run TRLog under WIN3.1 with out major problems. (I now am running it under WIN95).
Be sure that whatever port your using to key the rig is properly configured from the control
panel (I use LPT2) in WIN3.1. Make sure that if you are using a serial port that you have not
specified a baud rate higher than 4800 in the WIN3.1 Control panel for that port. Depending on
how fast your machine is you may see some chopping of your CW once you do get it working so a
PIF file which gives TRLog full control inthe fore ground is advisable. Because of memory
considerations however you may need to resort to running under DOS anyway if you make lots of
QSOs. WIN95 does a better job of managing memory but still has some choppines if you run TRLog in
windows mode rather MSDOS mode at least on a 486DX50. Another possibility is that you are using
LPT1 for  both keying the rig and as a printer port under WIN3.1. Under this circumsatnce WIN3.1
may be "reserving" the port for the printer and not giving you control.

Without knowing more about your setup this is the best guess I can come up with.
Good luck and let us know what finally fixes the problem.

Dave
N0DH/7
dit dit