[TRLog] Footswitch

LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc larrytx@co.intel.com
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:50:35 -0700 (PDT)

The next release of TR will have a new feature that could be pretty
exciting:

You can connect a footswitch to a parallel port (pin 15) and have
it act as your RETURN key (when used for sending CQ message F1, or
finishing input to the CQ or EXCHANGE windows).

I am interested in hearing what other things you would like it to
do (selectable modes from Control-J).  I have one or two ideas:

1. When used as a RETURN to finish a CQ QSO, have it send the Quick QSL
message instead of the QSL message (this would be selectable as a mode).

2. Use it as a "real" footswitch and control the PTT signals with it.
Advantage here is that it would be routed to the "active" radio and
you could just use one footswitch.

Maybe if you press it while CQ is being sent, it should stop the CW?

See you at Dayton - booth 424.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com