[TRLog] Data Loss

Greg Clark k9ig@contesting.com
Sun, 03 Aug 1997 09:06:27 -0700

Greg Clark wrote:

> I got up early and decided to get my IARU log ready to send in.  I was
> in TR and start to configure my data.  In the middle of the
> configuration....just did a dupe and was putting it in ARRL
> format.....my power went out to the house.

TR Loggrodites

Thanks to the many....over 20....responses in regard to my log problem.
I presently have written the log off as a loss.

My restart.bin has trash in it and my logback.dat is empty.  I do have a
list of dupes :) and about 30 Q's that did get written to the disk for
some reason.

I will look for a cheap UPS as suggested.  I will also do my disk
back-ups as I should have done.

Everyone else...heads-up.  It could happen to you as well. I should
really know better as I work daily in a software development
environment.

73/Greg
K9IG