[TRLog] Log formats

george fremin iii geoiii@bga.com
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 16:30:56 -0600 (CST)

>>I spoke to Bev at the ARRL and was unable to find out specifically
>>what the problem is with the formats (other than not showing the
>>transmitted precedence check and section for each QSO which I have
>>a hard time believing is really a problem).
>
>I know we've talked about this before, but with the new General Rules
>for the ARRL contests being released in QST, I'm still wondering why
>they keep rule 4.6 (All QSO data must appear in each line, aligned
>by columns, and must include... 4.6.6. complete exchange sent) the
>way it is if they aren't going to require it.

I think that once Tree gets to talk to Billy Lunt at the ARRL
we will know what they really want.

In the past they have accepted logs (for 6 or more years) in
the format that they have been rejecting lately.  It appears
that they are doing this based on the rule above.

Of course for a contest like the SS it becomes very hard
to put all of the sent data on the same line with everything
else and still keep the line of data under 80 cols.

I am sure Tree will update us when we sort out things
with the ARRL.  If anyone is worried about missing log
deadlines or such - it should not be a problem.

--

George Fremin III          "You give me a $10,000 custom guitar
Austin, Texas                and Chet Atkins a $200 discount