A better idea???

Scott Ellington sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:42:01 -0600

>I remember some peple were able to mostly simulate the way CT works by
>programming their function keys to be the same in CQ and S&P modes.  Is
>anyone still doing that?

I started out doing that, and still do, mostly.  The problem was
that I kept forgetting to switch modes, and it took a while to
realize that programming some of the function keys differently
would help prevent that.  For example, I use F10 to send "test k9ma"
when I find a clear spot.  If someone came back while I was still in
S&P mode, and I forgot to switch modes, there was a mess.  Here's an
example where the mode switching character in front of the F10 message
would help.  For now, I just set F10 to _ in S&P, so it doesn't
send anything.  I suppose I could program it to send "wrong mode,
stupid."

It certainly would make the transition from CT/NA easier if TRLOG could
be made to operate "modelessly".

Scott  K9MA
sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu