exchange in CQ-160m

LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc larrytx@co.intel.com
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:15:54 -0800 (PST)

> Thanks to all whom I met during last CQ-160m. contest.

Sorry we didn't have propagation from Oregon.

> But, I had a problem during last CQ-160m as I could not override
> the location information given by the program. Simply put,
> if 'CZ' was in the exchange window it was still logged as OK.,
> AR as UA9, etc.

This is normal - the program will put in the abbreviation found in
the CTY.DAT file so it is always the same for each country.

> I had a similar problem with HA-DX where province abbrevations
> were not accepted by the program at all.

Check the file HUNGARY.DOM.  Here are the only legal entries.  If the
program can't figure out which one is the exchange, it won't log the
QSO.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com