[TRLog] mode change nemisis

k4lta k4lta@icx.net
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:50:28 -0500 (EST)

Well, gang, I thought I had my mode change problem solved but it was
premature optimism.  My Omni 6 plus is set at 4800 baud, cde switch off in
the menu.  Everything is working properly with the rig and TR except the
mode is changing from c.w. to ssb or nonc.w. or nonssb or nonfm in a
random fashion.  At Tree's suggestion, I have experimented with the
numbers in the Icom command pause =  and the Icom response timeout =
with numbers below the default setting to those in the current 6..15
version.  But this seems to make no difference.  Sometimes, the frequency
is not displayed on the screen and other times, it changes to something
such as 165030. khz.
After a couple of hours of fighting this problem in the ss, I had to
disable the control link, but I am not satisfied with this method of
fixing it.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.  I had sent
a few of you who responded previously a message that the problem was
solved, but I was mistaken and need your thoughts on this matter.
Thanks and 73 de Bill k4lta