[TRLog] Questions and possible bug

Mike Fatchett mike@mallardcove.com
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 21:36:36 -0700

Possible bug first:
I was setting up the Multi info message with v6.15 and can't get the messages to display properly.  Setup is a FT-1000MP and W9XT card.  Using Com1 for the radio connection and com2 for the network.  All other network functions seem to work properly.  The other station is a TS-930, so we are manually entering in the Freq.  When we hit CTRL E we get a message usually from the right band but always says it is in search and pounce mode even when we are not.  It does not seem to update very well either.  I tried lots of different parameters for the Multi Info Message.  We tried just "$" and "$ %" with no luck.  Any hints?

Question 1
Is there any easy way to load a different config file for each operator? I thought I recalled reading a way to do this but can't find any info on it.  What I want to load would be specific color preferences and specifying DVK3 and DVK4 for the CQ messages.

Question 2
Does running a dot matrix printer slow down the program?  Can you specify which port to print on?

Question 3
Is there an easy way to view the entire log during the contest.  In a multi op situation it would be nice to gaze at the log to make some great strategic plans!

Mike
W0MU

Mike Fatchett, Parker, Colorado

W0MU
Old calls: NI0E  KC0FW  WD0GXR  VP2KBU  V47M

mike@mallardcove.com