[TRLog] WAE CW, Win98 compatibility?, Labels

Dave_K9NX n7ex@athenet.net
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:17:31 +0000

At 02:44 AM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Two questions for the list:
>
>1) Testing out TR for the WAE CW this weekend...Seems like the QTC
>feature only sends QSO's that have scrolled off the screen (i.e. LOG.DAT)
>and does not consider the QSO's in the window (LOG.TMP?)...
>Does that mean I need to do a ALT-U to send the most up to date stuff?
>Seems kind of crazy to have to do that? Am I doing something wrong?

I beleive that's the way the beast works.

>2) Anyone running TR in DOS mode on a Win98 computer? I wanted to check
>whether it's ok to upgrade from Win3.1 before I mess up the radio
>computer i.e.- not being able to use my favorite pgm :)

I am running TRLog in a DOS window under WIN98. While on whole WIN98 seems
to be much better behaved overall than WIN95, every setup is different. For
the jump from WIN3.1 to WIN98 I would set aside the whole weekend, this is
not a trivial project! I had been running TRLog under WIN95 for 2 years and
I had a lot of problems in the beggining. THe Jump from WIN95 to WIN98 was
rather painless. As always do a backup before you start. If you would like
send me a private E-mail and I will send you my home phone if you get in
trouble, or we could actually make a sked !17M or 15M would probably be best.

Dave
K9NX