[TRLog] Use of "?" in the Callsign Window

N6ZZ@aol.com N6ZZ@aol.com
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:24:26 EST

Occasionally when I have the good fortune to be in run mode, I pick out a call
which I have shred of doubt about....let's say, WB6ZVC calls me but I'm not
certain of his call.  My natural reaction is to type WB6ZVC? into the callsign
window, and let the computer send that along with the contest report.

Since my hunches are usually accurate, it's likely that WB6ZVC will confirm
that I have his call correct.  So I go to the callsign window and remove the
question mark from the end of his callsign.

The way TRLog is currently works, the computer then sends ZVC (confirms the
suffix) and goes into the "OK, I have your callsign correct" routine.  I think
I'd prefer it to just go into the normal end-of-qso routine with TU N6ZZ TEST
response, setting me up for another crack at the monstrous pileup that's
waiting.  In other words, if the only change to the callsign window is to
remove the question mark, the program should proceed as if the callsign was
entered into the window correctly the first time around.

I'm interested in how other TRLog users feel about this....and whether the
process that follows the removal of a question mark from the callsign box
should be changed.

73 - Phil, N6ZZ