[TRLog] RE IC735/TR Interface

jan.fisher@virgin.net jan.fisher@virgin.net
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 21:05:43 -0000

I think I have sorted out my problem regarding the frequency update on the
IC765 (see message below). After a little more investigation it appears that
the IC765 will not respond to a poll if the tuning dial is being moved so the
program has to wait untill all settles to get the data back from the radio.

TR seems to get all its info from a poll rather than reading the frequency
data that is spewed out when the tuning is shifted unlike CT which reads
the data that is being sent back from the radio as well as polling.

Can someone confirm that my assumption is correct or better still correct
me and get the program  to respond whilst being tuned.

Jan G0IVZ

>I have just got hold of an IC765 to use as a second radio and am having a few
problems with the computer control. All seems fine when sending data to the
radio and the frequency is updated when the radio is polled, however when
tuning the radio the frequency display in TR does not update untill tuning
is stopped. It seems as though the program is not getting the updates from
the radio. I have tried the interface and rig with CT and all works fine also my
FT1KMP for radio 1 works as it should.

Any Ideas ?