[TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.

Tree N6TR n6tr@teleport.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 06:44:16 -0800 (PST)

> Might it be possible to load the call, mult, initial exchange, etc. into
> RESTART.BIN (or wherever it goes) when the QSO scrolls off the screen,
> rather than when the QSO is logged in the first place?  Most of us (though
> not me, sometimes) can remember having worked someone within the last 5 QSOs.
>
> I suppose you would want to make an exception at band changes, but would
> that be hard to do?

The issue is recreating the exchange elements from the entry in the log.
It is much easier to do this during the logging process where the name
and QTH are in neat little places.  Once it turns into a log string, I
have to write some code that handles about 50 different cases on where
the different data is stored.  That is a lot of work and it will take
up a significant amount of space.  I have been working to make the
program use up less space and I just don't feel that for as often as
this problem occurs, that it is worth it.

Tree