[TRLog] Recent problems

Ve3bmv@aol.com Ve3bmv@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:12:58 EST

In a message dated 98-02-11 02:17:07 EST, K4RO writes:

<<This happens quite often.  When the problem occurs, "NONSSB" is
  displayed where I usually see "40CW" or the equivalent.  *Nothing*
  works until TR reads a frequency from the radio, which takes anywhere
  from 1 to 4 seconds.  Sometimes, odd frequencies are displayed while
  I wait for it to "recover."  This waiting *really* screws up my rhythm,
  especially in the Sprint.  >>

I had similar problem with IC781, mode jumping to SSB while in CW. Changing
Command pause or Response Timeout didn't help. When I changed  Baud rate to
1200 (yak) things stabilized. At 4800 it was crazy. (Using CI-V Icom intfc.)
Kenwood 870 had no problems.

Yuri K3BU, VE3BMV