[TRLog] Re: win-95 (fwd)

Jerry Fray n9tu@qsl.net
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:19:21 -0500

George and the list -

> The deal is that when shutting down to DOS the com ports and
> LPT port do not work from TR Log.

This is a Windows 95 gig. Even when you are "dropped to DOS" (especially
in the case where there was NO previous DOS), WIN 95 controls the ports.
If this is a newer motherboard you might be able to work around WIN 95
by tweaking the system bios. Turn off any PLUG-N=PLAY capability on the
comm ports and see if it helps any. Only other recourse I can think of
is get DOS 6.22 and install it on the computer in question. Been there
done that. I LOVE my System Commander Pro.

Gud Luck!
--
-73-
Jerry N9TU