[TRLog] TS-850 Interface Problem

Patrick Dayshaw patd@wolfenet.com" <patd@wolfenet.com
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:54:49 -0800

Just got TRLog and it is a great application I do however
have one small problem with the interface to my TS-850S...

When the radio is selected to VFO A all is well - all
functions work as expected. TR controls the radio and the
radio controls TR for all frequency/band/mode changes. I
can jump to a freq. displayed in the bandmap, enter a freq.
from the keyboard, everything works fine.

VFO B however only partially works. It's really strange.
With VFO B selected TR can read the frequency the radio is
on (band map works as far as "capturing the freq.", the TR
freq. display works I can see the TR freq. display follow
the radio etc., but the radio will not respond to SOME
commands from TR.

     * If I change bands from TR (Alt B/V) TR changes bands
but the radio doesn't follow even though the radio emits
the confirmation tone.

     * If I try to jump to a freq. captured in the bandmap
the radio doesn't follow, it emits the confirmation tone
but the freq. doesn't change.

     * I can however change modes (Alt+M) just fine.

     * If I change bands on the radio TR follows just fine.

     * If I use the Alt+N command I can change the Xmit
freq. of the radio on VFO B just fine so there is some
control of VFO B from TR.

I have tried increasing the Kenwood Response Timeout
setting, I've tested my interface (IF232C) and cable using
my old logging program and it works fine, just as it always
has. I've done a CPU reset on the radio, I've scanned
through the TRLog Reflector archives, and I've read the
TRLog manual cover to cover several times now trying to see
what I'm missing.

Anyone have a any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick