[TRLog] V6.20 & NAQP notes

Bob Wolbert k6xx@jps.net
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:10:20 -0800

thehalls@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Here is a couple of things I noticed yesterday during the NAQP CW contest:
>
> a) If you have auto S&P mode = yes, while in the CQ mode, you put the RIT on and listen around after CQing the program goes into S&P mode...I would think that since I'm just using the RIT during CQ mode (+/- 1-1.5 kc) that the pgm would stay in CQ mode? I'm using the Kenwood TS-440S

Here is the reason I had to disable AUTO S&P during the JIDX contest
this past weekend--the function does not allow you to CQ when operating
split.
Try running JAs on 160m (about 100kHz split)--you cannot stay in CQ
mode.

Very annoying!

Tree, an otherwise clever & useful feature; is there a clever
implementation that will solve these problems?

While writing this e-mail, I suddenly thought about something I should
have tried. Would using the "don't update rig info during TX" command
solve my problem?

73 de Bob, K6XX