[TRLog] V6.20 & NAQP notes

thehalls@ix.netcom.com thehalls@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:39:15 -0600 (CST)

Here is a couple of things I noticed yesterday during the NAQP CW contest:

a) If you have auto S&P mode = yes, while in the CQ mode, you put the RIT on and listen around after CQing the program goes into S&P mode...I would think that since I'm just using the RIT during CQ mode (+/- 1-1.5 kc) that the pgm would stay in CQ mode? I'm using the Kenwood TS-440S

b) When using the bandmap and S&P mode, I put WP2/K9BG in the bandmap by hitting the space bar (after entering his call), when I tune back across him the call window doesn't show his call but the cursor moves to the right like it wants to display something? I tried calls like WD9GGY1, WD9GGY12 and they display...maybe it's the "/" or "\" ?

c) I entered "WA GENE" because I initially messed up the name, the pgm took it as "WA GA" (WA in Georgia???) How can GENE be GA ?

d) Sometimes the window to the right of the callsign window where it displays the country was getting partially wiped out?

e) In the S&P mode the station's call is not sent to them...
shouldn't it send it before the S&P exchange info?

Just some casual observations,
Eric WD9GGY
(aka ziGGY)