[TRLog] re: K4RO & NONSSB/765/TR

Ron Chambers k5pn@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 06:56:12 PDT

Kirk et. al.:
The NONSSB event occurs fairly often with my 765 and ver 6.24, but has
not locked up the keyboard. I have even 'logged' a few NONSSB QSO's....

My ICOM COMMAND DELAY is set at 300ms..

Baud rate is 1200....this is the ONLY way I could get my 765 to
communicate with TR. 2400/4800 were no good at all. I wonder if I could
get the higher rates to work, that the overall communication (ie, no
NONSSB events, no intermittent frequency display variations, always
accepting my keyboard-input frequency changes,etc.) between TR and the
765 would improve?

Installed 6.29 last night. The NONSSB still occurred a couple of times
during long CQ's...but really didn't cause any sproblems....Freq would
display 16230 when it happens?? I have not checked the TRANSCEIVE
setting internal to the 765 yet. I think I do need to change it to make
sure I have incorporated the last of Tree's suggestions to eliminate the
765/TR problems.

73
Ron
K5PN