[TRLog] ARRL DX debrief

swca@ionet.net swca@ionet.net
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 21:54:43 -0600 (CST)

Here are my observations.  This is the first time I have smoke-tested Tree's
program in a long time.

First of all, I just shot off my Sprint log and my compliments on how POST
is shaping up.  In the past POST was not the strongest program.  The summary
sheet routine looks great.  The post contest log massage was so good I wound
up with 12 more QSOs.*  That stuff is all working very well these days.
Good work Tree.

I couldn't help but test the new initial exchange work that Tree did and it
works completely as advertised.  We appreciate the changes you made Tree.
We promise we'll still listen to the exchange, honest.

Less than perfect (notice how short this list is):

When in the CQ mode if you check a call by typing it in and hitting <space
bar>, if it's a dupe TR tells you so and after a second or two it removes
the call and name from the screen...AND the first two characters of the
country, leaving Mexico to read "xico" for example.  I think it should clear
the complete country name.

I was hoping to find more "features" but we had really awful weather and I
had to stay off the air.

Mark, N5OT

*YES, I am just KIDDING.

ver 6.215, 386DX-40, DOS within Windows 3.1