[TRLog] Icom radios and TR-Log

K4RO Kirk Pickering k4ro@k4ro.net
Sun, 3 May 1998 18:26:12 -0500 (CDT)

I do have TR-Log working OK with an IC-765 / IC-761 combination.
The computer is a 133MHz 486 (AMD "586") with 16MB of RAM.
I am using two homebrew exact clones of the CT-17 units.
(Minus the power LED, all other components and circuity are
indentical to the CT-17.)  I believe that the TRANSCEIVE DIP
switches on both righs are set to OFF, but I have *not*
verified this.  If other programs are interfacing OK with
your radio on the same ports, you might try adjusting the
radio address or timing parameters.

As AA4NU pointed out, the adjustable ICOM COMMAND PAUSE
and ICOM RESPONSE TIMEOUT parameters were key in getting things
working OK.  The IC-761 was particularly troublesome, and Tree
and George went out of their way to borrow a 761 (I think from
N5TR - thianks) to get it working right.  I still have a problem
in which TR-Log "waits" for the 765 when I'm tuning (only if
AUTO S&P ENABLE = TRUE.)  The rig interfaces could be a little bit
smoother, but they do work.  I'm glad to hear Tree is getting a
765 to work with; that's what it took to get the 761 working OK.

Following are the relevant lines from a recent LOGCFG.DAT file.
These settings do seem to work, handling  all of the two-radio
features OK.

; ================== Begin radio interface parameters =====================

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 3
RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200