[TRLog] Initial exchange problem

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:48:06 -0800 (PST)

> I had a bit of a problem before SS that I'm sure someone can help with.  I've got a 486 with 4 MB of RAM.  I set up TR for SS with several function keys defined.  While trying it out on the 7th QSO I got "Not enough memory for initial exchange array" error.  I stripped out all the extra statements in the LOGCFG.DAT file and started fresh.  Same error on the 7th and all succeeding QSOs.
>
> I got out v6.10, which was the one I had purchased on disk over a year ago, and everything worked fine.
>
> Any ideas?

You didn't say which version you were using initially.  As features
get added, the program uses more memory.  However, there have been
times when the program went on a diet and I got the memory consumption
back down.

You might try to free up some of your lower 640K memory.  The program
was telling you that it was full.

Tree