[TRLog] Set Serial Port 1,2,3,4 Base I/O Address?

Max George matt@qrq.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:48:42 -0700

Is it possible to set the base IO address for serial ports 1 thru 4 in
TRLog?  I can enable and set the base IO for serial ports 5 and 6.
Enabling ports 5 and 6 is working just fine with an 8 serial port Multi
Port PCI card I have, but this special multi port serial card has non
standard IO port addresses for each port.

So basically, I need to know if there is a config command for serial
ports 1 thru 4 like the existing serial port 5 and 6 commands:

SERIAL 5 PORT ADDRESS XXX
SERIAL 6 PORT ADDRESS XXX

(I already tried the obvious, TRLog gives a config error, SERIAL
1(2,3,4) PORT ADDRESS XXXX doesn't work.)

OR are the base IO ports for ports 1 thru 4 HARD coded in TRLog to
standared defaults 0x3f8, 0x2f8 etc...? (or maybe TRLog is reading them
from the BIOS) It appears that I can only customize the port addresses
for ports 5 and 6 with the above commands. (which works great, but I
only get two ports with my funky/groovy PCI multi port card)

If the base IO address/ports for SERIAL PORTS 1 thru 4 can be manually
configured in TRLog, I will have reached serial port nirvana!  If not,
it sure would be a nice feature for an update someday. ;)

Regards

mg NG7M

--
Max Matthew George NG7M