[TRLog] PTT behavior...

Ronald D Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 12:37:46 -0400

Thanks the responses Tom and Tree. I checked the signals at the port with no
electronics connected. All appears normal there. I will check my electronics
when I get home tonight.

One thing I did notice while I was playing around was the the 'CW after PTT
delay' value is still active even with PTT disabled. Probably won't bother
anybody. It was just something I noticed.

Here are the results of my probing:

STROBE:
PTT disabled = only active with CW characters or ctrl-shft.
PTT enabled = same as above plus always active when keyboard CW active.

PTT:
PTT disabled = never active
PTT enabled = same as strobe above with PTT enabled

KEY:
PTT disabled/enabled: only active with CW charaters or ctrl-shft.

Note: CW is always delayed by the PTT delay value.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics