[TRLog] Mixed mode lockup

Bob Evans bevans@keyresults.com
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:33:34 -0500

During the Florida QSO party this weekend I was able to replicate a freeze up problem that I'd like to see if any body has had a similar experience.  The problem occurs while in S&P mode, then Alt-R (or SWAPRADIOS) to the other rig in same mode (i.e. S&P CW) AND THEN manually changing to SSB.  This past weekend consisted of bouncing between 20 CW&SSB and 15 CW&SSB quite a bit.  20 is on one rig and 15 is on the other.  If I made all mode/freq changes by keyboard, things worked fine, however, if I "accidentally" changed modes manually, LOG locked up.  The rigs are IC-765s and I guess this was an issue of synchronization between the 765's freq/mode readout and LOG.  Currently I'm on ver 6.37 but I noticed this same issue during whatever version was current during last year's Florida QSO Party.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob
N5DU