[TRLog] Re: using paddles; was ESC key blues

jim funk jfunk@adams.net
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:19:20 -0600 (CST)

Simple reason.  The computer can be doing one thing while the keyer is doing
something else.

Plus, sending by hand helps keep me awake....:)

Jim N9JF

>In a message dated 2/23/99 11:59:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, KI6X writes:
>
>>  I correct my callsign and then send an exchange by paddles and use this to
>>  finish up.
>
>Why use paddles Dan?  I've heard others also indicate they use paddles in
>conjunction with the software....something I've never understood.  Keyboard
>mode is one keystroke to get in....and one keystroke to exit (nothing could be
>simplier or faster).
>
>Understand, I'm not being critical of your procedures Dan....I'm just trying
>to satisfy my own curiousity here.  If you're truly going to master the
>software, it seems one must learn to utilize all the software features (not
>intentionaly circumvent them by going to paddles).
>
>There's probably an obvious answer to this that I'm overlooking.  Help me out
>here, OK?
>
>73  //Gary  *K8KFJ*
>West Virginia  <residing under the huge shadow of N4ZR>  :-)
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/trlogfaq.html
>Submissions:              trlog@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-trlog@contesting.com
>Feature Wishlist:	  http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Jim Elliot