[TRLog] TRLog and correct time

swca@ionet.net swca@ionet.net
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:57:43 -0600

>Just so we don't all forget, here's my favorite aid to getting the correct
>time for TRLog and other purposes:
>
>WWV @ 10.000 MHz...

Sorry, but I must be humor impaired.  I don't understand how WWV can
improve the accuracy of my shack computer's clock.

In all seriousness, have you ever tried one of these correction programs?
They are brilliant.  The shack computers I've used will usually keep TRlog
accurate within a few minutes at the end of the contest, maybe even within
30 seconds if I'm lucky.

These clock programs get your plain old computer clock to where it is only
a couple seconds off in a week, or better.  That is real piece of mind when
you are concerned about things like rubber-clocking, or finishing at the
same time as everyone else.

I found that the particular one I was using (RighTime) was interfering with
the TRlog program.  I am currently trying out some of the others that
people have been suggesting.  I am grateful for their help.

Mark, N5OT