[TRLog] REF and UBA contests

D. R. Evans N7DR@sff.net
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:15:39 -0600

On 20 Jan 99, at 17:00, Juhan Poldvere wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Doc  N7DR writes concerning UBA (and REF):
>
> > I'm sure this is trivial, but I've never bothered with using TR in these
> > smaller contests before. So does anyone know how the config file should be
> > set up properly for the REF and UBA contests?
>
> It is not trivial, nor can it be fully done by anyone except The Big Tree.
>
> Anyway, I have a wild hack for UBA that lets you work the contest. It does

Thank you VERY much. I'll take a look at this and try to implement it
tonight. I haven't received any feedback at all about my suggestion as to
how to implement contests of this type. It was the easiest way I could
think of, but maybe it wasn't easy enough for Mr.~Tree to consider
implementing it.

The fact does remain, I think, that there's whole category of contests out
there that TR really doesn't do very well with. And instead of Tree having
to write code for a special "REF" contest and/or "UBA" contest, it might be
better to bite off the more difficult task of giving users enough commands
in the config file to implement _any_ contest of this type properly.

  73 -- Doc  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp