[TRLog] Minor CW Problem

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 21:22:40 +0000

At 01:11 PM 1/24/99 -0800, n6tr@teleport.com wrote:

>Well - I am not sure what the answer is yet.  I haven't seen this on
>my own computers.  It is probably a result of some other program
>running at the same time as TR, or something in Windows that is
>going to sleep.
>
>I would suggest looking at the parameters for the DOS window and trying
>different settings.

I have never seen this in the default boot-to-DOS state, but have
experienced CW hiccups very occasionally in a DOS window, which I also
attributed to 95 doing something in the background that stole CPU cycles.
The occur randomly throughout CW messages, though, not at the beginning or
anything reproducible.

It would be interesting for users with this problem on 486s with win95 to
try booting with a boot disk of an earlier DOS version, such as 6.22, to
see if the problem goes away.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Loud is.