[TRLog] new contestor's question

George Fremin III geoiii@kkn.net
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 06:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Bill Capps writes:

> hello all
> 	i have recently downloaded the free trial version of trlog and have
> enjoyed trying it out on my pc.
> 	I am new to contesting and what little contesting i have done in the past
> has been  with cw and paper logbooks.
> 	how does one link the PC(with the trlog program) to the transceiver?  i
> currently used a ten tec paragon.
>
> many thanks
>  bill capps
> af4od
> auburn,alabama

Bill,

I am glad you like using TR-Log.
The TenTec paragon does have computer control but as I recall
it is not a very good command set - it has been awhile since
Tree looked at this radio.  Some of the first generatiion of
computer interfaces were not very good on some radios.

The Yeasu FT736R comes to mind in this respect - with it
you can get the S-meter reading and one other
meter reading but nothing else from it - even though
it is digital and has a computer interface.

Mabye Tree can tell us more about the Paragon.

Thanks

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."