[TRLog] kudos

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:25:05 -0600

I used TR in the wpxcw this past weekend.
Operating single-band 15 meters allowed plenty of time for
reflection, and I really had to admire the way the program
was working:

Autostart sending on the fourth character, eliminating ALL
delay in responding to callers.

Quick qsl key when there was more than one caller.

Call ok now automatically acknowledging callsign updates.

Paddle speed automatically following computer speed.

Dupe enable letting me work dupes in CQ mode, but not S&P
mode.

SCP minimum characters 3 providing all kinds of hints about
a weak caller's callsign. There were many times when the SCP
helped me get the callsign, but the qso was a bust because
I couldn't get the number.

Names and old callsigns coming up in the info windows for
domestic stations, along with sunrise/sunset and beam
headings for all stations.

Shift keys operating the RIT on the TS-850, and the RIT
being automatically zeroed on CQ and QSL messages. I'm
pretty sure I went for over an hour on several occasions
without ever touching the radio.

We certainly have come a long way since the last time I
entered this contest, and set the old 15 meter record, in
1988. That was with a paper log, and individual paper
dupesheets for JA, US/VE, and DX.

Nice job, Tree. Keep it going.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]