[TRLog] ptt/cw keying/dvk trigger

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:16:45 -0400

>>>n6tr@teleport.com said:
> The 850 doesn't mute the microphone when playing DVK messages.
> I consider this to be a show stopper.

FWIW I dug into the schematics a bit to see if there was a way to get the
DRU-2 to feed into the data input instead of the mic input. If you gnd the PKS
input (packet stand-by line) the mic is muted while the data input remains
active. While easy for an external DVP, the DRU-2 path is hard connected to
the mic at the mute circuit.

Hmm actually there MAY be a way out of that box if you give up some of the DRU
function. I just had another idea about it I need to check out in the
schematic...more soon.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics