[TRLog] Split operation problem

Bill Till - VE5FN wtill@bordercity.com
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:21:02 -0600

We have been using TRLog at our MM station, VE5RI, for over 3 years and are
very pleased with it, except for a very few little glitches. One of these
shows up when we are running split tx/rx on 40 meters. When attempting to
work USA stations, we transmit in the 7050-7100 portion of the band and
listen on a stated frequency between 7150-7300. We use TRLog control of our
radio, usually a TS950SD, and set up the bandmap and SVGA functions. It
works well when QSOs are tx/rx on the same freq, but when working split,
TRLog picks up the change in freq as we transmit and clears the call window.
This a damn nuisance because the call has to be re-entered after the QSO (if
it can be remembered at all due to sleep deprivation).

Is there a cure for this? Do we have something set up wrong?

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Tnx & 73

Bill
VE5FN