[TRLog] more questions...

Ron D. Rossi rrossi@btv.ibm.com
Fri, 21 May 1999 13:47:19 -0400

>>>George Fremin III said:
>>
>> 1) I enter S&P by hitting the space bar to send 'de K2KI'. I enter a callsign in the call field then hit enter. 'de K2KI' is sent again. I know I can use ctrl-enter or down arrow to move to the exchange window, but doesn't that violate the Intelligent Enter (tm) concept? Remember that I am setting up or Field Day...I would like it as newbie proof as possible.
>
> Enter S&p by hitting tab.
> Enter a callsign and then hit the ENTER key.
>
> Or do as you describe above and use the down arrow.

George,

Okay. I guess I was just expecting ENTER to know that I had already gotten the
CQing stations attention with my call sign and it did not need to send it
again. Seems like this would fit with the TRLog intuition though.

>> 2) In S&P pressing F2 sends 2A OR. I have defined no function keys yet for  CW
>> messages. I do have MY STATE=VT, MY SECTION=VT, MY FD CLASS=2A.
>
> Ok - I am not sure I understand waht you are asking but
> the 2a or is the exchange that Tree has in the program
> as a default - you will need to edit taht.

Again I guess I expected that the program would use the MY values as the
defaults when constructing CW messages as it does with MY CALL. I usually
program them anyway. This is just something I noticed and did not expect.

Thanks for your response.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: St. Albans, Vermont