[TRLog] 6.45 CQWW Problem?

Scott Ellington sdelling@facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 14:08:34 -0600

This one is easy to work around, so doesn't really need to be fixed before SS.

Using AD1C's latest country.dat file, I've found that setting the band map to
NOT show dupes causes the computer to hang when starting TR in CQWW mode.  It
hangs loading the country data.  If I delete "BAND MAP DUPLICATES SHOWN =
FALSE" (or whatever it is exactly) from the config.dat file, all is fine.  I
haven't tried it with a different country.dat file, but the new one otherwise
seems to work fine, as I used it last weekend.  The simple work-around is to
change the band map setting with ctl-J, but NOT to save that setting.  Perhaps
it isn't even a problem in SS mode.

There's always the possibility it's caused by something unique to my computer,
of course.  Has anyone else seen this?

73,

Scott  K9MA

--