[TRLog] 6.45 CQWW Problem?

Don Moman ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:44:35 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Scott Ellington wrote:

> This one is easy to work around, so doesn't really need to be fixed before SS.
>
> Using AD1C's latest country.dat file, I've found that setting the band map to
> NOT show dupes causes the computer to hang when starting TR in CQWW mode.  It
> hangs loading the country data.  If I delete "BAND MAP DUPLICATES SHOWN =
> FALSE" (or whatever it is exactly) from the config.dat file, all is fine.  I
> haven't tried it with a different country.dat file, but the new one otherwise
> seems to work fine, as I used it last weekend.  The simple work-around is to
> change the band map setting with ctl-J, but NOT to save that setting.  Perhaps
> it isn't even a problem in SS mode.
>
> There's always the possibility it's caused by something unique to my computer,
> of course.  Has anyone else seen this?

Not exactly the same, but similar. Could not make it hang but it did give
problems.  We had lots of hangs (networked system) in our CQWW effort and
I had tried to get the band map not to show dupes - didn't seem to work.
Maybe related to the above.  The cursor always hung down in the bandmap
area.

73 Don