[TRLog] Very Pleased

LRod@pobox.com LRod@pobox.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:26:49 -0000

>     Not being able to update past the last five q's has
> been the one annoying problem with TR forever....Tree
> won't fix it....
>     I am sure he (and one or two others hi hi) don't make very
> many mistakes and don't really see the need to change it.
> You might as well drop the subject and get used to making a
> note of the mistake and editing it later.....(but we keep HOPING
> someday he'll fix it)

As a long time TRLog devotee, I take exception to the characterization given
here of the editting issue being a problem or a mistake, and that it is something
on the to-do list of things to *fix*. It is the nature of the choice Tree made to log
directly to a text file and not a binary file that is kept in memory. It is not an
issue of Tree and others not making many errors during contests, although it
wouldn't surprise me if they might not make a few less than ol' ham handed L
Rod.

But it is not a bug, a fault, a mistake, a shortcoming, or any other negative
characteristic of the program. Life is full of choices. If you want to edit your
whole log anytime during the contest, choose a logger that will do that. If you
want the ultimate in flexibility and capability in your logger, then choose TRLog.

73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced
                          |  "jig-a-byte"
                          |  Look it up.

Never be afraid to try something new;