[TRLog] Very Pleased

Bill R n9br@mc.net
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:07:11 -0600

Hi Rod,
    Say what you want...I'm a life subscriber...TR user by choice and still
DO think it is a shortcoming in the program. In my view it would be a better
program if it could incorporate the seamless ease of correcting any entry
in the log at will....WITHOUT having to use a separate text editor.
Wake up...it's a logging program....can you understand that maybe
I'd like to modify an entry in my log even after I've worked five others
Q's?
I'm getting the feeling I've fought this battle before....and I know no-one
wants to p*** off Tree.... myself included, but I would find the program
more useful with full editing capabilities. He already knows that. Tree
does a great job and really can do magic with all these special and
new commands/switches that he is always doing...I'm just hoping
some day he tackles this long term issue. RELAX....
73 Bill N9BR

> As a long time TRLog devotee, I take exception to the characterization
given
> here of the editting issue being a problem or a mistake, and that it is
something
> on the to-do list of things to *fix*. It is the nature of the choice Tree
made to log
> directly to a text file and not a binary file that is kept in memory. It
is not an
> issue of Tree and others not making many errors during contests, although
it
> wouldn't surprise me if they might not make a few less than ol' ham handed
> Rod.
>
> But it is not a bug, a fault, a mistake, a shortcoming, or any other
negative
> characteristic of the program. Life is full of choices. If you want to
edit your
> whole log anytime during the contest, choose a logger that will do that.
If you