[TRLog] TS-950 Serial Interface

Ed Himwich/Letitia Carlson wehlgc@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 03:37:47 -0500

Hi,

This may be a newbie question, if so I apologize for wasting bandwidth.

I'm using 6.44 and trying to interface to my TS-950SD. At first blush this
seems
to work. Alt-B works to change bands, but Alt-M won't work to change modes.
I tried this using HyperTerm and was able to change modes using commands
like MD1; and MD3; I put a "data tap" (a poor man's bus analyzer) on the
serial line. It looks like whenever TR sends  a MDx; the radio responds ?;
indicating an error (including busy I guess).  I tried twiddling the Kenwood
time-out value (it didn't seem logical that it would help, but it was the
only knob I found). Increasing the value up to 100 made no difference. I'm
running TR on a Pentium 266.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks is advance.

73, Ed N3HXQ