[TRLog] Serial #, Pathological behavior in a network

George Fremin III geoiii@kkn.net
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 09:13:53 -0800 (PST)

Scott Dawley writes:

> I was playing around last night after the contest
> to simulate two radios in the SS, each radio
> pausing when/if the other is finishing a QSO.
>
> What I found is that EVEN IF you keep only one
> transmitter on the air at a time, you can get
> both radios to send the SAME SERIAL # to two
> different stations. This occurs if one station
> is in the middle of a QSO (say, copying the
> exchange) and the other station is sending
> an exchange.

Maybe you should explain the steps you used to
cause this to happen.  I do not know anyway to do this.

I watched N5KO make 322 2nd radio QSOs this past weekend
and I dont think he was able to make the program do what
you describe.

> The obvious one is to not jump back and forth between
> radios mid-QSO, but that makes for less efficient
> use of time.
>
> Thoughts?

How are you making two radio QSOs.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Johnson City, TX             It's cuttin' through the air.... "