[TRLog] wish list

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:10:21 -0600

In doing Sweepstakes as a multi-single, some us came up with some ideas
for the band map.

In a domestic contest, info in the comment field is kind of important,
sort of like how qsx info is important for a dx contest that involves 40ssb.
I think it would be cool if TR could (depending on whether the contest
Domestic Mults were sections or states) grep the incoming spot comment
field for common section(state) abbreviations/names, and if found,
either:

a) make the coloumns of the band map four chars wider so you can put in
" Nwt" where Nwt is one of the stansdard 3-character section abbreviations
(two characters for states/provinces.)

or

b) put a symbol (like *, happy face, x) maybe + or something in the same place
that the other symbols go to designate that the spot has section (state)
info associated with it.  Then, use someplace on the screen to show that info
when you highlight it in the bandmap.

This would also be useful for DX entrants in the ARRL DX contest, 160
contest, 10 meter contest, etc...

Then, you could work on similar logic for grid squares.  :-)

6.45 performed really, really well this weekend.  All of our operators were
really impressed at using it in a CW contest.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page