[TRLog] Missing contacts in Log.dat file

Paul Hicks, VE3ZT ve3bbh@interlog.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:34:13 -0500

I'm using version 6.45, just finished running my CQWW log through POST and
seem to be missing 32 contacts in 5 occurances. I spotted this by scrolling
through the log and noticed several blocks that didn't contain 10 contacts.
The only clues are: missing contacts are blocks of 6,7,7,6,6 for a total of
32. I recall that during the contest I exited TRLog, edited Log.dat and
saved, reloaded TRLog and carried on. I did this several times during the
test.

I followed the recent thread regarding editing of Log.dat and noted that
it's not necessary to delete the Restart.bin file because the program notes
the date/time stamp and load the proper file accordingly.

Also, several messages on screen when running POST multiplier check saying
4X4 mult missing, zone 06 missing, VP5 mult missing, TI mult missing, etc.
There are about 13 of these. The correct info is in log.dat exchange area,
but the new Zone or Country in these instances are not in the Mult column.

Perhaps I downloaded a corrupt .zip file? Any other ideas?

73, Paul.
VE3ZT