[TRLog] Time discrepencies, NT

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
5 Sep 1999 14:52:45 -0000

> Last night during the Sprint, TrLog was reporting
> the incorrect time. The time on my laptop was
> correct (I had the clock open so I could keep track)
> but as QSO's progressed, the reported time in TrLog
> fell behind.
>
> I'm running Win NT 4.0.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes - running TR under NT is difficult.  This is why the CW would
sound choppy - if you used the computer to send code with (which
I assume you didn't).

I am not an NT expert (others on list might be able to help more),
but basically NT doesn't let TR run "full time".  In order to send
CW, TR needs to take over some of the timer functions in the hardware,
and thus becomes responsible for keeping the PC's clock up to date.

When NT doesn't let TR do this 100 percent of the time, TR misses
some of the timer ticks and thus doesn't update the clock correctly.

I think you best solution is to create a DOS partition on your hard
drive with some sort of multi-boot capability - or simply make a
DOS boot floppy for when you want to use the program.

Tree