[TRLog] Wrong call

n6tr@teleport.com n6tr@teleport.com
5 Sep 1999 17:38:35 -0000

> A couple of times during the Sprint contest while in S&P mode, I
> blew the guys call while typing it in the callsign field.
>
> I would immediately update it in the exchange field, then enter
> the exchange.  When I went back to the guy, it would transmit and
> log the callsign in the callsign field call.  I had to do some
> fast (for me) ctl-e editing.
>
> I'll try to replicate it later today and get the keystrokes down,
> but wanted to see if anyone else noticed this?

Half of this can be cured by turning CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE.
This will fix your log entry.  However, TR will still send the
callsign that is in the call window instead of the "correct" call
in the exchange window.

To send the correct call, you will need to edit it in the callsign
window as TR hasn't totally sorted out the exchange window contents
before sending the exchange.

Tree