[TRLog] crashes

Kenneth E. Harker kharker@cs.utexas.edu
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:14:26 -0500

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 05:01:23PM -0000, Tree Tyree N6TR wrote:

> > I'm not using a TRMASTER database.
>
> Do you have the file TRMASTER?  Even if you aren't using it - it will
> be loaded in.

There is no file named TRMASTER anywhere on that computer.

> > > I will sniff around and see if the "ited States" clue fits one of the
> > > possible known failure mechanisms.
> >
> > It always happend the moment after I hit ENTER.
>
> Can you do this:
>
> Start the program the TR TRACE and then make it fail - and tell me
> what characters show up in the CALL WINDOW.

The PC crashed like six more times in the contest, five of which were of the
"spontaneous reboot" variety.  One of them was a lock-up.  That time, the
call window said:

K5LLL !@+%&\*(

And the country window said "ited States."

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                  Amateur Radio Callsign: KM5FA
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124               Maintainer of the Linux Laptop Home Page